This delicious cedar-planked salmon recipe is perfect for summer grilling.
Cook up some fresh asparagus, add fresh-squeezed lemon, a sprinkling of olive oil, and a sprig of rosemary, and voila! You’ll have yourself a bistro-worthy creation to enjoy al fresco!
Quick note: be sure to budget enough time beforehand to thoroughly soak the planks…otherwise, you’ll have a fish flambé on your hands!
Scroll down for instructions and enjoy 🙂
Want to dig deeper into this recipe to learn how foods like these are a part of our bigger food system? We’ve got something for everyone!
- Learn more about what makes wild salmon different from farmed salmon, and a new breed of fish coming to our supermarkets.
- Check out how a Mediterranean diet, that includes foods like salmon, can deter a host of chronic illnesses.
- And listen in to this podcast episode where a nutrition expert discusses combatting heavy metals from everyday foods in our diet.
Cedar Plank Chili & Rosemary Salmon Recipe
- 2 lb. salmon filet
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Salt to taste
- Soak cedar plank according to instructions
- Combine dry ingredients and rub on top of filet
- Place filet on plank and let rest for 30 mins
- Heat grill to 400F and place plank on indirect heat
- Close grill and let cook for 15-18 mins., until internal temperature reaches 165F
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon slices
Hungry for more knowledge? Click on the posts below to sate your curiosity about where our food comes from. And click here for more of our tried-and-true recipes. Bon appetit!